The keto diet is well known for being a low carb high-fat diet. Keto diet has been trending this year. It is referred to a ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high-fat diet. The real question is does it work. Before you know the answer to this question sees, what is keto diet?
Whenever you eat something high on carbs, your body will produce insulin and glucose.
- Glucose is the easiest molecule to convert and produce energy Glucose is chosen first by your body to use as energy.
- Insulin processes the bloodstream by taking it around the body.
Just like you, I have been super curious about the Keto diet. So I gave it a try this time. Like any other diet, the Keto diet was difficult for me to follow. Initially, I had food cravings during the first two days. At a later stage, my body got used to it and I had started feeling light and fresh. The Keto Diet sounds exactly like the ‘South Beach Diet.’ Like most of the diet plans, it cuts carbs and sugar. I tried the keto meal plan the Paleo way. In this diet plan, you only consume all natural, non-GMO, Gluten free, dairy free, grain free and anti-inflammatory products. The Keto diet is a more advanced version of any other diet plan.
Weight loss should not be the only goal of following any healthy diet. Your goal should be to eat healthily and feel fresh. I can say from my personal experience, whenever I follow a healthy diet my skin starts glowing and I start feeling light from inside. Let’s have a look at the 5-day diet plan.
The health benefits and side effects of Keto diet plan-
- Weight loss– Keto diet uses body fat as its essential energy source. This way no extra fat is stored in your body leading to weight loss.
- Control Blood Sugar- If you are a Diabetic patient Keto diet will help you reduce blood sugar levels. Studies suggest Keto diet is more effective in preventing diabetes.
- Acne- You will commonly experience improvement in your skin when following any diet. With Ketogenic diet, you will see your Acne disappearing with glowing skin.
- Keto Flu- Kito Flu is a common experience by new bees trying the diet. This fever lasts for a few days only. Due to the transition period, your body goes through different issues like fatigue, headache, nausea, cramps.
- Constipation- Dehydration is the most common cause of constipation. The most simple solution is to intake a gallon of water in a day. With Keto diet amount of water intake, you need to eat fibrous foods like vegetables. Fiber helps fight constipation.
- Reduced Physical Performance- Initially you might experience reduced physical performance. This is purely due to your body adapting to the Keto diet.
Conclusion- Initially it is going to be difficult for anyone to follow the Keto diet. The human body will take time to adjust to the keto diet. But if the diet suits you, you are soon going to have a perfect body you desired for. It is not necessary you attain a zero size. You can get a healthier and fitter body. Fitness not always means zero sizes or starving yourself. It means to eat right and healthy portions along with workout. Personally, I do not believe in promoting body shamming or a perfect body image. Keto Diet is a more youthful diet and I would say you may not have weight loss, but you will surely feel good after following the plan. Try it out and let us know the results in the comment section below.