The vaginal infection is also known as bacterial vaginosis. Both good and bad bacteria thrive in the environment of the vagina. However, if a woman is suffering from bacterial vaginosis, it means that the bad bacteria has increased, thus throwing the vaginal environment into chaos. Many women get this bacterial infection regardless of the fact if they had intercourse or not.
There are many home remedies which can be followed to prevent this infection. Some of these remedies have been very effective in curing the infection. However, prescribed medicines, like Metronidazole, are recommended to be followed but these remedies can surely be tried as they do not have any side effects. Listed below are the home remedies which can be followed by women to treat the bacterial vaginosis.
- Yogurt: It is considered as a natural probiotic. This means that it contains many bacteria which are healthy. Eating yogurt can help in gaining the good bacteria into your body. Thus, keeping the balance of the vagina in a good condition and helping you fight off the bad bacteria. Eating one serving of yogurt is recommended.
- Probiotics: Nowadays there are many probiotics supplements which are found in the market. Many women are allergic to milk products. These women can take the benefit of the probiotics to cure the bacterial vaginosis. These products come in the form of a pill or a liquid. Eating one serving of yogurt is recommended.
- Garlic: It is known for its strong antibacterial properties and is one of the most sought out home remedies to cure bacterial vaginosis. You can take a garlic supplement for treating it.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: If you use 1 ounce of peroxide for a week the irritation in the vagina will reduce, as it will treat the bacterial vaginosis. This is one of the traditional ways to treat the infections. It is very affordable and has very less side effects.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is known for its amazing antifungal and antibacterial properties and is very helpful in treating the bacterial vaginosis. These essential oils also known as tea tree oil are used by mixing a carrier oil such as almond, olive or coconut oil with the essential oil. You can mix the oil which you prefer and use it for the treatment. You can use it in a tampon and insert in the vagina. After an hour remove the tampon. Only use it if there is no irritation. You can try repeating the steps a few times in a day. Tree oil is safe to be used but make sure you purchase it from a reputed company.
- Cotton Underwear Which Is Breathable: Always make sure that you wear underwear which is breathable. If the material is not breathable, it will trap the moisture thus creating a perfect ground for breeding of bacteria. Hence, causing bacterial vaginosis.
- Safe Sex: You should always make sure that you wear a condom, so that you can prevent the bacterial infection. Also, have safe sex with only one partner as multiple partners can increase the risk of infection.