Here we are talking about a killer mushroom, Death Cap (scientifically known as Amanita phalloides) is a deadly poisonous mushroom that can kill a person even before you realize it. These toxic mushrooms resemble several edible species commonly consumed by humans, increasing the risk of accidental poisoning. These mushroom are widely distributed across Europe, but could have snuck into California from Europe attached to the roots of imported plants, as early as 1938, according to biologist Anne Pringle’s research, at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

[mashshare]

[mashshare]

The toxin found in the mushroom destroys your liver cells. According to research victim don’t feel anything until the first 6 to 12 hours, as that is the time when the deadly toxin from that mushroom is silently working on injuring the liver cells. Patients then develop severe abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting. “They can become very rapidly dehydrated from the fluid losses,” said Dr. Kent Olson, co-medical director of the San Francisco Division of the California Poison Control Syste. Dehydration can cause kidney failure, which compounds the damage to the liver. For the most severe cases, the only way to save the patient is a liver transplant.

Between 2010 and 2015, five people died in California and 57 became sick after eating the unassuming greenish mushrooms, according to the California Poison Control System. One mushroom cap is enough to kill a human being, and they’re also poisonous to dogs. Death caps are believed to be the number one cause of fatal mushroom poisonings worldwide.

Facebook Conversations

comments